Radon Gas Danger in Georgia
- Metro Atlanta homes are located in the highest potential area for elevated levels of Radon according to the EPA.
Radon Causes Cancer
- US Surgeon General Health Advisory: “Indoor radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and breathing it over prolonged periods can present a significant health risk to families all over the country. It’s important to know that this threat is completely preventable. Radon can be detected with a simple test and fixed through well established venting techniques.” January 2005
Ease Your Mind, Get Your Home Tested
- We use the latest state-of-art Sun Nuclear continuous radon monitor test equipment. Our instruments sample the radon levels each hour. At the end of the 48 hour minimum test period, results are generated immediately.
- All radon tests require a minimum of 48 hours and it must be located in the lowest part of the house.
- Other Atlanta home inspectors typically use charcoal canisters that may not give an accurate reading if the test environment changes and cannot detect any tampering. In addition to the 48 hour minimum test period, charcoal canisters require additional days to return the canisters to a test lab before results can be obtained.